| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
447
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 08:53:03 -
[1] - Quote
Crazy, Windows 10 blocked Eve from using my graphics card after trying to view the Imicus gala skin. My screen went black and back tot he game about 4 times then i was at my desktop game running in the background.
Had to end the process and relaunch. While this was happening some one showed up and finished the site while i was blind. Funny thing is my drones decided to come in for the emergency warp. So there is that.
Interesting experience at least.
I'm wondering though, Was Win10 just trolling me? Or did it just save my graphics card from getting ganked by Eve? It has happened you know. |

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
448
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 09:26:49 -
[2] - Quote
Lan Wang wrote:think that might be an nvidia issue or ccp issue, not windows, ive had it before on my laptop but luckily it was using the integrated gfx card
It only happens with the imicus skin so far, I have view several other skins with out the problem. Wont be an nvidia issue for me =), My graphics is an AMD R9 280.
|

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
450
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 13:31:00 -
[3] - Quote
Linus Gorp wrote:https://mopam-eve.org/screenshots/2017-02-15_13-32-38.png No problem here.. Must be all that NSA spyware that came with your Windows. Although that dotted square up there in the front is clearly a texture bug..
I verified my shared cash and it removed 13 duplicate items nothing corrupted, just tested it again and that imicus just makes it crap its pants. Its funny.
In Loglite I get a bunch of these: Tr2ImageHandler failed to create texture 'res:/dx9/model/hangar/gallente/gh1/gh1_wall_pmdg.dds'
and then a: DX11 device removed, reason: 887a0006
http://eve-files.com/dl/280864 just scroll up from the bottom you'll find it, it is kind of funny reading the log entries.
I added a previous .lsw log to my bug report I submitted. That one there is the most recent one exported as text. |

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
450
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 17:11:18 -
[4] - Quote
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:You were inspecting the design before you looted the wreck? Why?
I was inspecting the skin after i had looted it and got to a different site. I lost the kills to the next site to someone else while i was blinded by being forced desktop but still in game. I could hear the game but couldn't get it to maximize because it lost the graphics support.
elitatwo wrote:I see what happened there.
And before we jump to "conclusions", I do run EVE on my old HD Radeon 6850.
Since 2015 AMD had some issues with the dot.NET API from windoze, causing the driver to "reset" when EVE was running, preferably at those times, you want it the least.
You will find an entry in the windoze logs when you open them by pressing WIN+r and type "eventmgr.msc" and go to "administrative something"
The red entries show the errors, ordered my date, descending from latest to earliest.
Might be NVIDIA's "charming way" of making you buy their products instead.
But fear not, there is a simple solution. It says "requires windoze or better", so I installed Linux and am better now than ever.
Eventually I might go to linux. This issue has to be something else because the other skins load just fine in ship viewer. And the game runs perfectly fine otherwise. |

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
450
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 17:18:48 -
[5] - Quote
CCP Darwin wrote:We will be releasing a fix for this very soon.
No hurry, its just the Imicus after all. Eve's own Lima Bean with a kick stand.
|

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
450
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 17:21:32 -
[6] - Quote
Cade Windstalker wrote:Tuttomenui II wrote: I just got it to do it again. I've looked at a few of the other skins in the viewer but Imicus just makes my computer go berserk. Guess it isn't a fluke so i'll be bug reporting it. I'll have to look up how to run eve in that one logging state I guess so I can be thorough. In the launcher go up to the "E" in the upper right next to minimize and close, select "Start LogLite" from the dropdown, then run Eve normally. You'll then possibly get a firewall or Windows Security warning and the LogLite app will start up. Then start the client normally. Replicate the bug, export the file and attach it to your bug report.
I found the loglite option in settings on the launcher. But thanks.
|

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra Gallente Federation
451
|
Posted - 2017.02.15 22:48:01 -
[7] - Quote
Eulynn wrote:
You're braver than I for using linux as your desktop / gaming OS. I run it as a server OS a ton, but my experience pretty much stays inside the CLI.
My experience with Linux is limited to a using Ubuntu live disc a few times. It is really powerful for some things, but it loses all that power if you use the install option. It dumps all the really useful drivers for some odd reason. I think maybe legal reasons. I'd love to use Linux of some form on all my old computers that can not run windows 7 or higher because for some reason drivers have to be compatible, dumbest thing ever. Just cause something is old doesn't mean it isn't useful for something. =). Not that any of my old computers could run Eve now days though.
I was able to recover data for my sister from an experimental pc build I made her that had a stripe Raid array without a mirror. The Raid chip started faulting and windows couldn't handle it. The Ubuntu live cd though was able to see that it was a raid array and mount it without a raid driver. That was a fun experience. Windows is such a lazy OS that gives up way to easy. |
| |
|